POSITION SUMMARY - Sr. Java Developer - Portland, OR metro area
Our developer will be responsible for designing and implementing product enhancements, redesigning existing product functions, trouble-shootinging and resolving product defects, unit and integration testing and supporting successful deployment of our products in the field. Active interaction with internal customers, other developers, QA, Product Management, Research, Professional Services, and Customer Support counterparts is an integral part of the job.
· Designing object -based and service-oriented architectures
· Programming and unit testing of code based upon design sessions with internal software users, customer-reported issues, and input from Marketing, Services, and Support
· Unit and performance testing of design as part of development cycle
· Development and re-factoring in the existing product, providing product enhancements and resolving product defects to meet customer issues.
· Writing technical specifications, program documentation, and unit test plans
· Maintaining working relationships within Engineering and with cross-functional peers
· Assisting in QA process and customer issue resolution where needed
Education and work experience required:
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Graduate degree a definite plus
· 10-15 years of professional experience developing, deploying, and supporting products in an enterprise environment.
· Experience with full life cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing.
· Strong working knowledge with OOA/OOD.
· Experience with iterative design and development methodologies.
· Java and J2EE development and analysis experience including SQL coding.
· Commercial software background.
· Prior work experience in a start-up or similar fast-paced, demanding environment.
· Hibernate, Spring, Maven, XFire, SOA, Web services, XML/HTTP, Servlet, JSP, and HTML are a plus.
Other specialized knowledge and skills required:
· Strong analytical and design skills
· Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.